- Lesson/wizard settings - The tools grouped to the left change the entire module. These are related to overall module settings, page order and save functions.
- The toolbox - The tools to the right are used on individual pages. These are used to create unique content and interaction from page to page.
What do the module settings mean on the path map?
The module’s title, description and image all appear in the information box that shows up when that module is selected from its pathway.
- Blank – inserts a new page.
- Duplicate – copies the currently selected page.
- From – imports pages from other modules, or from a PowerPoint file.
If you want to remove a page you can click the red x on the page thumbnail along the bottom. Alternatively you can click the Sorter button on the toolbar to remove multiple pages at the same time.
You can make a page into a master page by selecting it from the dropdown to the right of the page thumbnails (as pictured above).To apply it to a page, simply navigate to the page and select the name of the master page from the same dropdown.
- Audio – select audio clips to add to your page. You can also upload audio files from this area.
- Image – select images to place on your pages. This area also has an uploading feature.
- Video – this holds a number of video related tools. The most commonly used being ‘Video’ and ‘Embed Video’.
- Copy object/Paste object - the Copy object and Paste object tools function together to copy and paste objects from one page to another - an object is anything that appears on a slide. It can be a box of text, a photo, a video, etc.
Note, you cannot copy items from one module to another with this tool - if you need to copy something from one module to another, use the From… tool under the ‘Pages’ tab.
Layout tab - These tools are all related to how objects are laid out on a page.
- Layer, Align, Space and Size – super helpful when arranging multiple objects on a slide.
Note, to select multiple objects at once, either click and drag your mouse on a slide to create a selection box, or hold down the ‘shift’ key while clicking on individual objects.
- Layer – dictates which object sits on top of another.
- Align – lines up multiple objects at once.
- Space – evenly spaces out the objects that are selected.
- Size – resizes all selected cells to the same height/width of the largest selected.
- Select – this tool serves as a setting that allows you to dictate which types of object you want to automatically select. This is valuable when working with drag and drop interactions.
- There are two Position tools within this tab:
- Reset – resets an object’s position and size to its default setting.
- Undo and Redo – they undo or redo a layout action.
Cell Style tab - These tools change the physical properties of an object’s cell.
- Border – add or remove a coloured border from a cell. To use this you must first select a colour, then assign a width and padding.
- Fill – fills an object’s cell with the colour of your choice.
- Cell as slide title – assigns a text box as the slide title in the navigation area.
To use this, select the heading text for the cell and click on the ‘Cell as slide title’ tool. A paper clip will attach to the heading texts box and it will appear as the title for that slide in the navigation bar.
Preview a module
You can click the 'Preview' button on the left of the toolbar to see how your learners will view it. However to get the full experience we suggest saving the module, exiting it and clicking 'Start' for the module in the authoring area o ensure all interactions and objects work well for the learner.
Make a copy of the module
To make a copy of the module, you can click the 'Save Copy' button to the left of the toolbar, enter a module name and click 'Ok' to confirm. Make sure you check over your Module setting to ensure these have carried over to your new copy.